A helping hand choosing your perfect venue.
Choosing your wedding venue is probably one of the most crucial steps in planning your big day. If you have decided to be original and different then go for it! There are many hidden gems and original wedding venues available in London and all over England.
Here are just a few examples of inspiring wedding venues:
- For a wedding with English style in a unique and exclusive venue, it is worth contacting English Heritage or the National Trust of Scotland. Whether it be a famous historical building or a hidden treasure, many places you wouldn’t imagine can host weddings. Have a look at Kate and Jonathan’s wedding that we planned in a beautiful English Heritage Mansion in London.
- You could also have a river wedding, either on a cruise boat or on a landmark ship such as the HMS Belfast or the RS Hispaniola, both in London. Another way of giving “motion” to your big day is to have your ceremony and wedding party on The Royal Scotsman, one of the world’s most luxurious trains.
- Some airports can also offer unusual wedding settings.
- Most museums and art galleries are also wedding venues. Why not have your wedding in a museum exhibiting your favorite artist’s masterpieces? We have planned events at The Victoria and Albert Museum; it is such a landmark venue and a beautiful setting it always ‘wows’ guests.
- If you are football fans, consider approaching your favourite football club to exchange vows on your team’s field.
- This is what Heather and Jean Marc did when they chose Pinewood studios for their glamorous Hollywood inspired big day.
The best way of finding an original wedding venue is to keep your eyes open and contact places you wouldn’t normally think of. They might not be licensed for your wedding ceremony but they might well be able to offer you a spectacular wedding reception venue!
We have a great list of both well-known venues and hidden gems, so do not hesitate to contact us with an event you would like to plan and we would be happy to help!